Toyota 1UZ to W5x transmission adapter
Toyota 1UZ-FE Auto bell housing to W5x Manual transmission adapter
Your kit should include
· 1 Machined aluminum transmission adapter
· 7 - 10mm x 1.25 x 20 Plated Hex bolts
· 8 – 10mm x 1.25 x 30 Plated Hex Bolts
1. Remove the bell housing from the manual transmission and be sure the face of the transmission is clear of any debris.
2. The trans adapter is designed to fit over the stock dowel pins that should be in the transmissions main body. If the dowels got stuck in the bell housing, you will need to remove them and put them back in the transmission. You can fit up the adapter plate. The dowels may be snug, tap the plate on with a rubber hammer or block of wood.
3. Use 6 of the 30mm long bolts in the upper potion of the adapter plate to the transmission and 2 of the 20mm long bolts in the recessed pockets on the bottom. These are a fine thread bolt so they don’t need a lot of torquing down to hold good, to much torque can strip the threads. You can use a mild thread locker, blue from most manufacturers, if you are concerned with the bolts coming loose.
4. If you’re using an Xcessive hydraulic release bearing mount, you can install it now.
5. Be sure the machined face of the adapter is clean and fit up the 1UZ-FE auto bell housing. The bell housing uses the inner diameter as its locator, you will need to put a notch in the mating face of the bell housing where it contacts one of the factory bolts in the W58 transmission on the lower left side.
6. With the bell housing fit you can determine the location of your clutch arm or hydraulic release bearing lines.
7. Use the 4 remaining 20mm long bolts on the upper holes for the bell housing and the 2 remaining 30mm long bolts on the lower two holes. These are a fine thread bolt so they don’t need a lot of torquing down to hold good, to much torque can strip the threads. You can use a mild thread locker, blue from most manufacturers, if you are concerned with the bolts coming loose.
Advantages of the Xcessive adapter plate.
This product is for off road use only and not intended for street use. By purchasing this product you are assuming all liabilities associated with its installation and use.
Click here to go back to Articles Index