ArticlesToyota Cressida MX83 Rear Lower Pillow Balls
Toyota Cressida MX83 chassis
Rear Lower Pillow Balls
Your kit should include:
· 2 Teflon Lined Pillow Balls
· 4 Steel side Spacers – 14mm ID
· 4 Urethane Side Seals
Instructions for in car installation.
1. Place the car on jack stands to allow access to the underside of the car in the rear.
2. It may be easiest to remove the tires/wheels.
3. Unbolt the lower control arm and drop it clear of the spindle.
4. Remove the stock bearing.
5. Check the inner surfaces where the bearing will go for cleanliness and that no scarring occurred when the stock bearing was removed.
6. The new Pillow ball is designed to fit the factory spec opening, if the control arm has been damaged or opened up a bit from removing the old bearing, the new bearing may not have a tight fit. If this is the case, you can install the new pillow ball with red loctite to anchor it in. De care full when installing the new bearing to keep it going in straight, if it gets off to one side it may get jammed in and damage the bearing if it’s forced. If you need to use a hammer to move the bearing into alignment, DO NOT hit the bearing directly with a steel hammer, use a rubber hammer or a block of wood.
7. The urethane side seal bushings can be used to gage the location of the new bearing when installed. The bushings should touch the bearings outer shell and also touch the spindles outer face as well.
8. With the bearing set in to the correct depth you can install the steel side spacers into the bearing and cap them with the side seals.
9. You can bolt up the lower control arm and finish putting the car back together.
This product is for off road use only and not intended for street use. By purchasing this product you are assuming all liabilities associated with its installation and use.
Click here to go back to Articles Index