ArticlesToyota Cressida MX83 Rear Adjustable Arms
Toyota Cressida MX83 Rear Adjustable Arms
Your kit should include:
· 2 Lower control arm assemblies
· 2 Traction rod assemblies
· 2 Toe rod assemblies
· 8 Heim spacers ½ ID
· 4 Heim spacers 14mm ID for Traction rods
· 8 1/2" Hardened Washers - Round
· 8 Cam Delete Square washers
· 4 1/2"-13 x 3 ½ Plated Hex Bolts
· 6 1/2" Nylock nuts
· 2 Heim to Taper adapters with nylock nuts
· 2 - Wrenches
Instructions for in car installation.
1. Place the car on jack stands to allow access to the underside of the rear suspension.
2. Remove the tires/wheels.
3. Unbolt the 3 factory control arms on each side of the car.
4. Save the front and rear bolts and nuts from the tension rods and the outer bolts and nuts from the lower control arm, these will be reused.
5. None of the cam bolts or cam washers will need to be reused. You will reuse the bolts and washers for the clevis ends of the traction rod and lower arm and the front chassis mounting point of the traction rod.
6. Your new square profile cam delete washers are designed with the bolt hole off center, this is to allow additional adjustment if you feel you want to move the arms or Heims farther in or out. The square notch in the long side of the washer ALWAYS goes up. The curved edge is for reference to help keep the offset holes in the same alignment, ALWAYS have the notches in the same orientation for each bolt, both facing in or both facing out.
7. We recommend installing the Toe rod first. The Toe rod should come with the Heim ends loosely assembled for reference of assembly order. Install the heim to taper adapter into the wheel spindle with the nylock nut where the stock toe rod was removed from. Install one of the heim ends on the taper adapter and secure with the nylock nut. The second end will use the supplied assembly shown in diagram 1. Be sure to get the cam delete washers seated into the pockets correctly getting the notches to line up properly as stated in line 6.
8. You can now install either the Traction rod or Lower arm, follow the assembly sequence shown in the diagrams.
9. Repeat on the second side of the car, your done.
10. Having eliminated all the rubber from the control arms, if any other part of your suspension is worn out, youll know it. If you hear clunking, check the wheel spindle for loose bearings or worn mounting points such as the lower captured bushing.
11. A re-alignment is a must after installation.
This product is for off road use only and not intended for street use. By purchasing this product you are assuming all liabilities associated with its installation and use.
Click here to go back to Articles Index