Toyota Cressida MX73 JZ Motor Mount Brackets
MX73 Formed Steel Motor Mount Brackets
Toyota Cressida MX73 chassis for 1JZ-2JZ swap,
Your kit should include
· 2 Plated Steel Motor Mount brackets – 125 deg
· 8 - 10mm x 1.25 x 20 Plated hex bolts
Instructions for in car installation.
1. The mounts are designed to fit either side of the engine and the slot for the X-member mount allows for adjustment when fitting in the car.
2. Remove the four bolts (Per bracket) that hold the stock brackets to the side of the engine block and remove the stock brackets.
3. The X-member mounts, (rubber mounts) will need the index pin on the top ground off. The new mounts do not use the index pin and will not sit properly if the pin is still in place. If your using Xcessive urethane motor mounts, you do not need to worry about index pin issues. If you have a VVTi engine, you will put the passenger side mount in the forward most mounting position, NOT the stock location of the aluminum VVTi bracket you will be removing if supplied with the engine.
4. Bolt the new brackets to the block using the new supplied bolts. A mild thread locker can be used if vibration or loosening is a concern.
5. When placing the engine in the car, it’s usually easier to leave the motor mounts in the car loose so they can be tipped allowing the mounting stud to align with your new motor brackets and allowing them to center up easier on the cross member when the engine is set.
6. With the engine sitting down, you can check that the motor is sitting straight, once you have the motor straight you can tighten the rubber mount base plates to cross member.
7. With clearance checked, you can now put the nuts back on the top of the motor mounts and tighten it down.
Advantages of the Xcessive steel mounts.
This product is for off road use only and not intended for street use. By purchasing this product you are assuming all liabilities associated with its installation and use.
Click here to go back to Articles Index